Everything Jesus paid for, Everything He gave His precious life for is mine!
I woke up with this chorus from Victoria Orenze's song Paid for on repeat in my mind, and it's with these words that I encourage you today.
As children of God, we must not live below our privilege! Frankly doing so would be an insult to our Heavenly Father. Literally, everything that Jesus died for, God intended for us to have.
Now I must start by saying that this promise is specifically for children of God. John 1:12 tells us that as many as received Christ, to them God gave the right (or privilege) to become children of God, to those who believe in His name. We also know that this belief in Jesus will always result in right (i.e. holy) living (1 John 3:2-3). So, we can't claim to be a child of God and live like the devil, doing what God hates.
Child of God this one's for you.
- We will have lasting peace instead of anxiety and fear, because Jesus gave it (John 14:26-27)
- We will live in wholeness, healing and health, because Jesus paid for it (Isaiah 53:5)
- We will have unrestricted access to our Heavenly Father and peace with God, because Jesus made a way for it (Romans 5:1)
- We will experience complete freedom from the guilt of our past, because Jesus paid for it (Ephesians 1:7)
- We will be full of lasting joy in life, because Jesus gave (and still gives) it (Psalm 16:11)
- We will live an abundant life, because Jesus came for it (John 10:10)
Just as the child of a king will never lack certain things in life, neither will we as sons and daughters that have been adopted into the family of God.
So, hold your head up sis, you too bro. Everything Jesus paid for, Everything He gave His precious life for is ours!
P.S. If you can honestly say that you aren't a Child of God as described above, I have good news for you! God wants to include you in this promise as well! He loves you so much that He sent Jesus to pay the penalty for your sins, so that you can be adopted into the family of God.
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
As you surrender to Jesus and make Him Lord of your life, the Holy Spirit will help you live holy. He'll refine your desires and do the 'heavy lifting' so to speak as you surrender to Him. I encourage you to study the Bible for yourself (you can start with an NLT version), ask God to help you live out His Word, and connect with a Bible-believing church. As you do so you will experience this abundant live Jesus died to give you!